Friday, October 18, 2013

Smudges...

My own five minute Friday...Smudges...GO!
Although you may think I haven't been blogging, it's not entirely true.  I just haven't been publishing.  I have been wasting spending whole mornings crafting intense concepts into prose, only to determine them too snarky, too honest, or too...well...smudged with pride and other icky stuff.  So, they will forever sit and gather dust...

I also was lamenting the process of blogging with lousy iphone pictures.  I love my iphone and the ease with which my camera is always with me and linked to my blog, etc. etc.  but the picture quality is less than okay.  So...I broke out my real camera...which is by no means these great guns behemoths I regularly have to repent of coveting.  *sigh*  BUT...it's good enough that in this pleasant picture of my quiet time today...you can even see the smudges on my Kindle Fire!  Nifty!  There is something special about taking a real teacup from the china cabinet and using it to drink your tea!  I feel so refined I just don't know what I'll do!

2 comments:

Pastor D said...

There is an interesting irony in this picture... the old time china teacup and saucer on the one hand and the plastic mechanical pencil, clipboard and (smudgy) kindle fire on the other.

Mix of modern and antique? Analog and digital? Stylish and utilitarian?

Hmmm...

Pastor D said...

Forgot to mention the tablecloth. Who has embroidered tablecloths anymore?