1. This coming weekend is Palm Sunday, which marks the beginning of Holy Week. Do you celebrate Easter in your home? What was your favorite Easter tradition as a child?We usually read "Benjamin's Box" by Melody Carlson and open the plastic eggs that go with the story. We also buy new outfits to wear to church on Resurrection Sunday. I don't remember any specific traditions growing up...I remember dressing up, and usually an early morning "sunrise" service...sometimes a Friday night service. I remember great music! Art Thou the Christ and beautiful cantatas.
2. George Weinberg is quoted as saying, 'Hope never abandons you, you abandon it.' Agree or disagree? Share your own thoughts on the word hope.
Hope is defined as a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen or a feeling of trust. I think the biggest question is what are you basing your hope on or hoping for?
Romans 8:23-24..."We, too, wait with eager hope for the day when God will give us our full rights as his adopted children, including the new bodies he has promised us. We were given this hope when we were saved. (If we already have something, we don’t need to hope for it. But if we look forward to something we don’t yet have, we must wait patiently and confidently.)"
Hebrews 11:1, "Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see."3. Weigh in with a yay or nay on the traditional Easter candies. A solid milk chocolate bunny? Cadbury Creme Eggs? Peeps? Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs? Jellybeans? Coconut Cream Eggs? Of the candies listed, which one would you most like to find in your Easter basket?
I usually savor one Cadbury Creme Egg each year. I also LOVE malted milk eggs...I've been known to eat them until my tongue hurts! I didn't buy them this year.
4. When did you last feel 'like a kid in a candy store'?
5. What's something you know you do differently than most people? Does that bother you? Does it bother other people?
I'm noticing the structure of our lives is a bit different. We are very involved with our church but that aside we don't have our kids in extracurriculars. I've been accused of not caring that my children won't be "well rounded" but my kids have great imaginations and are not stressed out by their after school schedules like so many of their peers. It is important to us that they have time to just be kids. If they showed keen interest in something we'd be happy to let them try it...and we have (piano, taekwondo, etc.)...but for now, especially with Daddy's busy work and travel schedule, it is much more important to have family time together. I'm okay with it and try to be patient with people who aren't.
6. Palm Springs CA, Palm Beach FL, or the PALMetto State...of the three mentioned, which sunny spot would you most like to visit right now? Which have you visited at one time or another?
Palm Beach FL...it's closest to family!
7. If you could change the length of a day would you lengthen it or shorten it? Tell us why.
Lengthen it, and in my vast powers I'd also give myself more energy so I could also accomplish more during that longer day...haha!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Spring is springing...I'm so excited. I'm always a bit surprised by how much it rains each year though. I'd say April showers bring May flowers except it's March. BUT...March does come in like a Lion and hopefully will go out like a Lamb!