1. Share a favorite song, book, or movie title containing the word green?Green eggs and Ham by Dr. Suess. I love songs by Keith Green...especially this one I shared yesterday!
2. Ralph Waldo Emerson is quoted as saying, 'Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.' Would you agree? Are you a believer in luck?
I'm more a believer in Providence.
3. Spring water, Hot Springs, handspring, spring fling, spring break, spring fever, offspring...which 'spring' word best applies to something in your day, week, or life right now?
Spring break and offspring. With my littlest offspring being hospitalized last week (read about it here) I sort of lost track of time and now find that Spring break is fast approaching. I think we will just make a few trips to see grandparents...low key and relaxing.
4. What's something you do to make yourself look or feel more confident?
Wear good makeup....it makes me feel put together and ready to face the outside world. I know there's a whole opinion regarding makeup being a "putting on of a mask between you and the world" but I think I'm pretty "real." It just makes me feel pretty, confident and prepared for working and caring for others.
5. It's National Celery Month...are you a fan? If so, what's a snack or dish you enjoy that calls for celery?
I cook with celery...mostly in soups and I put celery seed/salt on roasts. The kids take celery and carrots plain in their lunchboxes. It has to be fresh...if it gets old it can be awfully bitter. Ew.
I couldn't pick one...
"Be nice to yourself. It's hard to be happy when someone's mean to you all the time."
"Be selective in your battles for sometimes peace is better than being right."
"The example we set for our kids--How to act when things don't go our way--is much, much more important than the rules we set for them." ~Leo Babauta
7. Would you like to own a second home? If so where would you want that home to be?
From everything I've heard about what a nightmare it is in old age and just watching my grandparents dealing with it now...I think I'll say no! Locations for extended vacations...someplace with a private beach.
Thank you for praying for Caleb. He went back to school...very pale, skinny and very excited. I'm a bit nervous and thinking he won't quite make it through a full school day. I know some of you were wondering...he had gastroparesis with emesis. Basically, a terrible virus he had in February stunned his bowel...pretty much stopping it. And so he couldn't get anything through and it upset his stomach so he'd throw up. This went on and off for three weeks until he had PAIN and couldn't keep water down. We spent four days at the children's hospital...and now he's home with meds to take care of nausea, pain, acid and motility. Loverbrains made me a spreadsheet so I can keep track of dosages. Phew...it's a bit stressful.