Daffodils! Due to late Fall sewer work, mine will probably be coming up in some strange places this Spring. Spring might be coming...maybe. It's raining and the snow is melting. The birds are chirping and I saw a robin yesterday. I'm trying not to get too excited.
2. Bed, couch, stapler, garage door, computer mouse, recliner, flashlight, door knob...which household item containing springs most needs replacing in your home? Speaking of springs...did you ever own a Slinky?
Garage Doors! It's a plan in the works. Right now the one is held together with duct tape. I might have backed into it...slightly. Ahem. They are ancient wooden doors...and they sadly didn't need my added help on their way to destruction. Garage doors are pricey...wooeee!
I read this the other day...
"How can this person who so annoys or offends me be God's messenger? Is God so unkind as to send that sort across my path? Insofar as his treatment of me requires more kindness than I can find in my own heart, demands love of a quality I do not possess, asks of me patience that only the Spirit of God can produce in me, he is God's messenger. God sends him in order that he may send me running to God for help." ~Elisabeth Elliot
4. What's a question that looms large in your mind right now?
How do I glorify God in the hard things? Lots of mini trials...lots of expensive things breaking and stomach bugs and colds. I'm tired...but I want to glorify God in ALL things.
5. Are you a sugar freak? By that I mean how much do you love sugar? With all the bad press sugar gets these days, have you made any efforts to reduce the amount of sugar you consume?
I am a sugar freak. I am actively working to cut it out of my diet. I'm only allowing myself one complex carb a day. If I stick to whole grains in place of carbs (that turn to sugar right away) I feel a lot better. I also only allow myself a small dessert on weekends.
6. Would you rather have less work to do or more work you enjoy doing?
Sort of a double edged sword isn't it? If you have less work, I suppose you might have more time for play but chances are you won't. Isn't there a saying about idle hands being the devil's playground or something? If you have more work you enjoy, you'll still burn out eventually....unless it's what God's planned for you to be doing. I guess, I'd tend towards being busier...probably why God's giving me the big 'ole SLOW DOWN and making me stay home with sick kiddos and wait for repair men...BE STILL AND KNOW I AM GOD.
7. Ever been to Texas? Of the top ten Texas tourist attractions which would you most like to see-The Alamo, The San Antonio River Walk, The State Capital, Dallas World Aquarium, Padre Island National Seashore, Houston Space Center, Schlitterbahn Waterpark in New Braunfels, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Moody Gardens, or Galveston Island?
I have never been to TX. If Loverbrains ever took a job with another company we'd probably live in Houston though. Their good weather is very appealing to me. Their bad weather...er, not so much. My husband just came back from a conference/training there and he said I'd LOVE the food. He's probably right.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My little guy just can't seem to kick whatever this stomach bug is...He'll be better for several days and then horribly sick again. I'm praying the Dr. will provide some words of wisdom today...and that it's nothing more than a weird virus and not something more serious. I am learning to be more patient and content with last minute forced flexibility. God is good all the time. He has a plan and He knows all things. His ways are perfect!