Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Happy Hodgepodge Christmas!


1. What's left to be done on your Christmas to-do list? 
Cleaning.  I started to feel stressed about that until I realized if I wait..A. Things will be cleanest when company arrives and B. I'll get help from my minions (aka kids) who'll be home!  Win win!
2. The Hodgepodge lands on the first day of winter this year. What's your favorite thing about winter? 
Having recently endured an ice storm here in Indiana...I have to admit that although scary on a whole lot of levels...it is stunningly beautiful!  Ice magnifies the ordinary.  Twigs, grass, leaves shine, sparkle and glow.  Of course, I can only really appreciate this when we're all snuggled up safely together.  
3. In what area of your life are you immature? Feel free to elaborate or not. 
Yeesh...I thought this was supposed to be fun?!  HA!  I guess I act most immaturely when things don't go as I have planned.  I'm not as flexible as I'd like to be most days.  Although, I'm probably, hopefully, growing up a little in that area.  God has a funny way of shaking my stability to really teach me deeper trust in Him.  Flexibility requires stretching...He's stretching me...Hence, the moving and all! LOL!
4. What was the most (or one of the most) important lessons you learned in 2016? 
I picked the word Steadfast for 2016.  I thought I'd work to be more steadfast...in my goals, in my relationship with God, etc.  What I discovered was that God is the Steadfast One.  I am so grateful for all He's done in this year.  It's been quite a wild ride!  I know that He is working all things for my eternal good and His glory!
5. It's Fried Shrimp Day...are you a fan? What's your favorite way to eat shrimp? Will there be shrimp somewhere in your holiday feastings? 
I love shrimp and I order it often when eating out...mostly because my Sweet Loverbrains is allergic to it and I never make it at home.  I really like it in a dish at Carrabas...it's a spicy marina sauce with linguine and lots of shrimp, mussels, scallops, etc.  Yummo.
6. What sound lulls you to sleep? 
The humidifier and fan next to my bed!  I like the sound of falling rain too.
7. What one word best describes your 2016? 
Adventure!
8.  Insert your own random thought here.
I'd really like to blog more...I keep thinking of things to write and I've started making a list in the hopes that when I have time to write I'll actually remember something I wanted to write about.  However, I'm finding that I either can't understand or find a passion for writing on what's recorded on the list.  So, I'm open to suggestions.  How do ya'll think of things to blog about...keep things organized, etc.?

1 comment:

Barbara H. said...

I didn't have much of a chance to comment before, but I hope your family had a special Christmas. I love the popcorn shrimp at Red Lobster and also their appetizer grilled shrimp as well as Outback's. I keep a section on the Notes on my phone as well as a draft in my e-mail for jotting down things I might like to blog about later. Sometimes it develops into a post, sometimes not.