Saturday, November 4, 2017

Autumn...

Autumn is my favorite season.  It is a time of amazing wonder at God's creation.  Every year I think it's prettier than the year before.  It is a time of slow down and speed up.  Slowing down the outdoor activities, more cozy, quiet reading before a crackling fire, school is full scheduled mode.  Speeding up for the approaching holidays, of ministry outreach activity, of preparations for winter.

Autumn is a time to consider stewardship.  God owns everything and I own nothing.  Everything I have, God has entrusted to me.  I can either increase or decrease what I have.  God wants me to increase it.  I can be called into account at anytime, and it could be today.

Autumn is a time to remember things that brought me joy that I haven't made time for...things like blogging.  It is also a time to realize the things I'm striving after that are exhausting and need to be let go.  It's evaluating the balance and asking if it's bringing God glory...or if I'm just exhausting myself trying to build my own lame kingdom.

1 comment:

Barbara H. said...

So good to see a post from you! I think that striving for balance is a constant process through life.

Is that your son in the top photo? He's gotten so big!