Monday, November 6, 2017

Monday Musings...


I've been looking through years of past posts.  It helped me remember what I miss about blogging and gave me ideas for getting back into the habit of writing down the collective memory.  

In the past it helped me to organize blogging by day of the week.  Some of my favorites from the past were memes that I'm not sure are even in existence anymore.  

There were very few bloggers I kept up with during my almost year long hiatus...

I've continued to follow Barbarah @ Stray Thoughts.  I'm excited to start keeping up with The Week in Words again.  I've been reading hers but not posting mine.  

Wednesdays will also be easy...I've continued to follow Joyce @ From This Side of the Pond!  I'm excited to re-join the weekly hodgepodge.

Five Minute Friday- I remember being a part of this meme and enjoying the challenge of writing on a topic for five minutes only.

I had created a few funny day tags of my own.  
Tube Tuesday- a chance to share videos.  I stopped this at one point because I was frustrated by technology.  We'll see if I can now overcome that hurdle.  
HIM Sunday- A play on words...a chance to share lyrics... HYMN/HIM...get it?!
Sew Saturday-I enjoy posting about current sewing projects...especially now that my daughter is a part of the fun.  The issues I had with this was not being able to show the projects being worked on because they were gifts in progress and/or not really being able to show any progress because well, sometimes the progress is s l o w!  
Caffeinated Randomness-this is rather self explanatory...and I really enjoyed these rambling posts.  Definitely have to do those again.  

I have followed several quilting blogs...but they don't generally have memes that I can feasibly keep up with...seriously, these women are *crazy* productive.  I have also followed big christian blog conglomerate blogs...Desiring God, TGC, and Challis.  

A sidenote:  I used to also maintain another blog...predominantly for family not on Social Media.  Frankly, Dear Void, I'm thinking of using that instead of Facebook...as I'm once again fed up with it all.  Long.Story.Short...they had an app whereby I could simply check groups and not have to sift through the junk stuff but they took it away and now I'm annoyed, putting it mildly.  I keep telling myself that there are people who live without the darn thing and there are people with better self control too...but I have ministry groups on there and not all communications make it to email...also, I'd probably never see pictures of my extended family if I got off.  As sure as I say I'm going to take a break I have an urgent prayer need (Lubby went in the hospital last time I tried that) OR I get back on to realize I've left a person hanging regarding an important question or someone has died...It makes all of my people pleasing issues gang up and turn into hives!  I have issues, Dear Void...*sigh*


1 comment:

Barbara H. said...

I haven't done The Week in Words for a long time, but I enjoy reading other people's. :-) I always enjoyed seeing your sewing projects, too. I occasionally do a rambling-type post, too, of "stray thoughts."

I do a lot of "hiding" posts on Facebook. One thing FB has taught me is that I can't possibly keep up with everyone I have ever known, especially if that includes seeing what they had for breakfast, etc. :-) If I had it to do over again I would have been a lot more selective about accepting friends and would not have included people I barely know in real life or online. During the election season, especially, I started "hiding" almost every political post, left and right. FB's algorithms are supposed to pick up on what type of things you hide and not put so many on your feed, but it's not foolproof. But it helps some. Then there are the people with no apparently no life who post 20 memes a day or the people who post every.little.thing. about what they do all day. But I do like it for keeping up with extended family whom I otherwise would never hear from and for news (people's news, not national news) and prayer requests.