Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Re-balanced Hodgepodge


From this Side of the Pond  
1.  In a rut, in a jam, in the groove, out of synch, off balance, out of touch...which saying best fits some area of your life currently (or recently)? Explain.
Off balance.  I've been doing too much people pleasing.  I suppose it should be called "attempted" people pleasing because you can't please all of the people all of the time... and most of the time, you don't.  It's so freeing to re-evaluate priorities and put first things first.  It's delightful to have time for things I enjoy but have been so busy I couldn't take time to enjoy...blogging for example.
2. What is it about somebody else's style of work (coworker/employee/shared volunteer project/household chore) that makes you crazy? Why?
I had no idea that having children would so magnify and show me my control freak ways.  My daughter is very particular...very neat and organized.  My son, like his father before him, is what I call a "pile-er-up-er"...piles of stuff follow them.  How they find anything I'll never know.  I'm thankful that I've never seen my husband's work desk...pretty sure I'd freak out!  We have it figured  out...I set a few "collection points" around the house...and any piles must be in those areas at the end of the night.
3. What's a tradition that always makes you feel at home?
I love the tradition of mornings.  I think this started when I was a little girl.  The smell of coffee, the quiet, the calm, the new beginning.  I loved mornings when I would visit with my grandparents in the summer (the walk up the mountain, the newspaper distribution, breakfast, devotions)...I love mornings at my parents house (coffee, quiet, slow paced, talking)...and I love mornings with my own little family (coffee, quiet, snuggles, candle burning and my Bible).  
4. A favorite song with a girl's name in the title or lyrics? Any reason why this is a particular favorite?
I know all the songs with the name Lola in them.  "Lola, she was a showgirl..." "Lola...la la la lola."  "Whatever Lola wants, Lola gets"...My mother's name is Lola.  Obviously, we teased her with these songs...she objected to my naming a baby after her...now that the name is coming back into popularity she kinda wishes she'd let me.  It's a very pretty name...with unfortunate song subject/lyrics.  She was named after an Aunt, I think.
5. Share a favorite quote, verse, or saying relating to gratitude or thanksgiving.
"And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father."  Col. 3:17

6. Insert your own random thought here.
My sweet Emma has been home sick with strep throat and pink eye.  Although it changed my week's schedule dramatically it has ended up being a sweet time.  I got some house work done...and we watched cooking shows and chatted.  

3 comments:

Joyce said...

I am a morning person too : ) It's nice to see you in the HP! I hope your daughter is feeling better soon.

Cranberry Morning said...

Oh I hope your Emma feels better soon. And I loved your description of mornings. They're my favorite time of day.

Life SPW said...

I am a fellow Hodgepodger and I am visiting blog pages that are listed on Joyce Daley's Blog Page.
I gather from what I read that my office would freak you out too. To the uninitiated it looks like a mess when in fact it is organized chaos. It never ceases to amaze my wife when she asks me for something from my office and I know exactly where to locate it.
I hope that your daughter gets over her strep throat and pink eye. I enjoyed reading your blog. Have a God blessed week.