Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Farewell 2016 Hodgepodge

1. Where have you found unexpected magic or delight this holiday season?
Generally, this season is busy...but add a bit of illness and it can create a perfect storm of craziness.  This year I was key leader over childcare for our living nativity servants for two long weekends, my son became quite ill with a virus, I was also scheduled to sing every Sunday morning and I got a allergy/cold combo.  Although it may seem strange, I found unexpected delight in going through this crazy storm   My church family (especially my small group) rallied around me and helped serve when I was short servants.  I was delighted to see how God taught me to lean on Him more...how He preserved my voice and allowed me to have a great Dr who listened and treated me well, and that He healed my little boy and helped me enjoy the days at home with him.  God is good all the time.  
2. What's your favorite type of holiday gathering? Will you/have you gathered in your favorite way this month?
I love LOVE love white elephant parties.  They are so fun...and I usually laugh a lot.  I love the cooky creativity of the gifts.  Our small group is having one on Thursday!  Yay!
3. Time has named 'The Silence Breakers' (women who came forward with stories of harassment)  'person of the year' for 2017. Would you agree? If not, who do you think deserves the title?
R.C. Sproul recently passed away.  I found it very encouraging to read about his life...HERE!
4. How did you spend your time this year? Are you happy about that? Elaborate
This year was very busy...I worked to finish biblical counseling training and it is interesting to see how God will be using what I've learned for His glory.  As usual, it is not exactly what I might have thought or planned but His ways are always better than mine!  
5. Bid farewell to 2017 in ten words or less.
Humbled...dying to self...alive to Christ...in Him alone!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I like to pick a word to focus on each year.  I picked Steadfast 2015, Humble 2016 and I think I will pick Word 2017...I know I need to be in God's word more...and I'd like to focus on my own words coming from a right heart.  "When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, LORD God Almighty." Jeremiah 15:16

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Hope everyone is on the mend there and you enjoy a wonderful Christmas with your family!

ellen b said...

It was good to read your hodgepodge. I picked R.C. for the Times man of the year! White Elephant gift giving can be a real hoot! Hope you feel tip top soon! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

songbird's crazy world said...

sounds like you've been busy! Hope thing calm down a bit now. have a merry Christmas.

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Sounds like your plate has been full this season. Hope you have time to relax over the holiday. Merry Christmas!