Friday, December 15, 2017

Five Minute Friday: Different


What comes to mind when you think of the word: different.  Write about it in 5 minutes or less.
Ready...Set...Go!

Different...how I wish things were...but...Sickness again...for another Christmas.  But, at least this year it's not the stomach bug.  This year my little man is down with a high fever...I wish I could make that different...but even in this hard different...
...is precious time of watching cartoons and taking naps...and even more naps with Scruffy!
Different is just different.  God is good.
Different...is how late I'm getting my Christmas ornament gifts done.  No longer living on my sweet cul-de-sac means many less to make.  Sniff sniff...  But, different is just different.  There are new neighbors to meet...and carols to be sung.  God is good.

In a year you think you'll do so many things...I am thankful that God hasn't left me the same...I have grown and changed in his grace.  I am different...God is so good!

He's changing me...my blessed Savior.  
I'm not the same person that I used to be.  
Well it's been slow going but there's a knowing 
that someday perfect I will be.
Little by little and day by day
Little by little in every way
Jesus is changing me
He's changing me
Since I've made a turnabout  face
I've been growing in his grace
Jesus is changing me.
He's changing me.

3 comments:

Janis said...

Hello there,

This is beautiful. I pray that the sickness leaves quickly and your Christmas is a healthy peaceful one.
Loved your poem.

Blessings
Janis
FMF 45

Unknown said...

Different can be hard but can also be good. Hope you enjoy your different this Christmas season (and your ornaments are so cute!). ~TC, Your FMF Neighbor

Katha said...

Christmas in a new home can be different, but may it be different good for you this year! May you discover that traditions are the same, no matter the surroundings and may you discover new joys and customs!