Wednesday, August 27, 2008

OOOoooo allergy meds....

My allergies have hit with a vengeance this year! It seems that every other Fall I can't breath through both nostrils!

Argh...sniff sniff snorK!

My head is snap, cracklin' and poppin'! Soooo, I took allergy meds and now I'm dizzier than a coot!

And...this leads me into various weird creative thoughts!

For example, Darren sat me down with calendars and marked out the time that he will be away in the next two months...first to China and then to Chicago. So, of course, I'm already bemoaning the fact that he's going to be gone. But, here's where the drugs kick in, now I'm singing that song from Shrek in my head, and yes, aloud....

"Oh, I'm all alone, there's no one here beside me....My problems have all gone, there's no one to deride me. But ya gotta have friends..."

My version...
"Gonna be all alone, no one here beside me...My problems not what's gone, there still here beside me. I really need some friends..."

Weird, and then ridiculously funny! I "wrote" some similar songs while nursing my newborns and still on pain killer Narcs. Good grief! Maybe I should go lay down for a nap.

Sniff, snork, ugh!

No comments: