Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day by Day

God brought this song to my mind today. It's amazing how many hymns I have tucked up in my brain...that He brings out at the appropriate times. We have been struggling with an awful intestinal virus. With young kiddos that can be really difficult. Then, this morning, our hot water heater kicked the bucket...and is currently being replaced. That means $$$ and all the chores I planned to do (wash laundry, bathrooms, etc.) are on hold. So, pray for us...and see if these words speak to your heart too.

Day by Day
by Carolina Sandell Berg (text); Oscar Ahnfelt (music)

Day by day and with each passing moment,
Strength I find to meet my trials here.
Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment,
I've no cause for worry or for fear.
He whose heart is kind beyond all measure
Gives unto each day what He deems best,
Lovingly its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.

Every day the Lord Himself is near me
With a special mercy for each hour
All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me,
He whose name is Counselor and Pow'r.
The protection of His child and treasure
Is a charge that on Himself He laid
"As your days, your strength shall be in measure,"
This the pledge to me He made.

Help me then in every tribulation
So to trust Your promises, O Lord,
That I lose not faith's sweet consolation
Offered me within Your holy Word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting
E'er to take, as from a Father's hand,
One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
Till I reach the Promised Land.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean about hymns being tucked in your brain! They are an extension of scripture that God wants to use in our lives. Love you, honey. Mom