Monday, February 9, 2009

Memory Monday...2 Cor. 1:3-5

My attempt: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those in any affliction with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also is our comfort abundant through Christ.

Correct Copy: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ.

Well, that was pretty close! I omitted some and added some...but I have the right idea! For next week:

Isaiah 41:9-10
"You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth,
And called from its remotest parts
And said to you, "You are My servant,
I have chosen you and not rejected you,
Do not fear, for I am with you;
Do not anxiously look about you, for I
am your God,
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
Surely I will uphold you with My
righteous right hand."

1 comment:

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Well, I'd say the odds are pretty good on having the same verses!

Joanne