Monday, January 11, 2010

Birder Pillows!

Sadly, some of my couch pillows did not survive the stomach flu season...ugh! So, I made some new ones...I'm especially proud of the bird silhouettes. That's trickier than I anticipated. I hope they last a little while.
I used fabric paint to put in the woodpecker's log...cuz he looked silly without it. I'm guessing these pillows will have one life...cuz washing probably isn't going to work well.
The checkered fabric is from my kitchen curtains in the other house. My one kitchen window in this house demanded a valance so...I held on to the checkered curtains I'd made. Truthfully, they were the first curtains I ever made. I made them for the little cottage (30 X 30?) I lived in alone before I was married. I'm glad that I was able to continue the fabric's legacy...*sniff...sniff...
These really make me happy! *Sigh...I love birdies...but filling the bird feeder...not so much!

5 comments:

Susannah said...

Oooo nice. Very, very pretty! I love birds too. :~D

Karen said...

Nice handiwork!

crittyjoy said...

Lovely! You are so crafty! They are beautiful.

(and of course I had to make your verse coffee themed!)

Anonymous said...

Love the pillows...Very adorable!

Anonymous said...

I do love those pillows! Gimme!! <3 U - Mom