Monday, January 4, 2010

Thankfully Restored...

"For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds," says the Lord. (Jeremiah 30:17)
Yes, it's been a very harrowing New Year for our family already. We managed to get the dreaded stomach bug that seems to be floating about our church...flattening everyone in it's wake.

"O Lord my God, I cried out to You, and You have healed me." (Psalm 30:2)
I've had a few epiphanies of my own throughout this experience though...for example...it's much better to be sick yourself than for your young children to be sick. Yes, yes...because it's hard to watch them suffer...but also...it's just hard to clean up after them. Ugh! I lost a throw rug in this battle! Poor thing will never be the same...

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds ... Great is our Lord, and mighty in power ..." (Psalm 147:3)
Of course, you know my sick (haha) sense of humor thought of countless funnies amid the flood of fluids. I thought it was sort of ironic. I mean, I talked about wanting to start the year on bended knees...reverently before God...giving Him control....

"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19)
...just didn't anticipate the cold porcelain kneeling bench! HA!

"But those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing." (Psalm 24:10)
Thankfully, we are all back on the mend again...and just for the record...I haven't missed a day on my Bible reading schedule yet! Yeah!


5 comments:

Barbara H. said...

I'm glad you're all feeling better! That stuff is nasty. Thankfully we haven't had that -- just a lingering cough for my youngest.

I know germs don't transmit through the Internet, but I am germophobe enough that when I read of another blogger being sick I have this urge to wash my hands and sanitize the keyboard....

crittyjoy said...

So glad everyone is on the mend. I can handle being sick but not the stomach bug. Oh how I abhor it.

This made me smile. I love your sense of humor....being able to see humor in things makes our lives better I think!

Kara With a K said...

I think I share your sick sense of humor because this really made me laugh. I'm sorry for your poor throw rug and glad your family is feeling better. All that and you didn't miss any of your bible reading...you are wonder woman!

Karen said...

LOL...glad you all are better...

Kayren said...

Isn't it true about the difficulty of cleaning up after kids. Probably not the best place to put this, but Buddy didn't even wake up when he would get sick. We'd hear him or smell it. Once we were cleaning it off the wall since he was facing it. Then when they don't listen when you tell them to holler at you as they are running to the toilet, not to wait for you. Buddy even hugged me when he was two and then threw up in my hair and down my back. UGH! To have older kids now! :)