Thursday, January 21, 2010

Yummy, Homey, Stew Makin', Good Times!

I was recently introduced to a great blog...Chickens in the Road...and yesterday decided to cook up some of her fabulous recipes. I made Spicy Black Bean, Chicken & Corn Stew....
...and Grandmother Bread. Ooooo....ahhhh! I did alter her stew recipe by cutting it in half....and cutting the spice in half. It was still on the spicy side. Watch out for those red pepper flakes. It was delicious though...oh my! The bread is a lot like an Artisan Bread that I make...but this had more sugar...and rose beautifully! Aren't they perty!!?
My children were enamored with the thought of making stew...so they created a stew pot...and put in all their vegetables and meats. It was hilarious...and so creative. Child creativity never takes the path an adult would...I would have put the pot part in the back of the truck...but their way you get all sorts of nooks and crannies to hide your yummies! *Smile*

2 comments:

crittyjoy said...

That bread looks so good!

I love stew and soups in the winter time. So yummy!

Kayren said...

The bread did rise beautifully! I love how the kids made their stew. I would have done it the same way you did. :)