Friday, January 29, 2010

Caffeinated Randomness: Rise and Shine!!!

I've had one of those weeks where I've hit the ground running each and every morning. It's partially a case of "be careful what you pray for" cuz I prayed that I'd be able to get up when my alarm went off at 5...so I'd have time to spend alone with God in prayer. You know, and NOT hit the snooze forty million times.

So, God indeed helped me...and I was either wide awake annoyingly so BEFORE the alarm went off. Just to make sure, in case that wasn't enough...my chipper children have decided that 5:30 is a good waking time. I think they hear the shower turn on when my Loverbrains gets up...just guessing.

So, in my attempts to be gentle and teach my children and not scream and get really angry early in the morning...I implemented a "songtime wakeup call." We love Patch the Pirate...and got a bunch of CDs for Christmas...one song is called...RISE AND SHINE...and starts with a bugle call. I told them they could not get up until they heard the music. Loverbrains pointed out that it is sort of funny that the song is about getting kids up who want to sleep in...not keeping kids down that want to get up.

Oh well...some day... Regardless...I'm up and running EARLY...and haven't missed my prayer time once. SNort...hahaha! Since my day really starts so early...I've gotten a whole lot done this week too! When life is getting me down...sometimes I think God gives me lots to do to get my mind off of myself.

Photobucket



5 comments:

Tracy said...

That is hysterical what your husband said. I love that you have a song ushering in their day.

That is so good to hear. I think that I am going to try to get up a little earlier. It seems that my mornings get away from me. It sounds like it works beautifully for you.

Blessings.

Anonymous said...

Wow - 5 am?! You are my hero!

Somehow I lost your email addy when I switched to my new account, but I saw your comment, and wanted to tell you that the AWI conference is completely online. So you just listen to it on your computer. Isn't that fabulous? You don't have to get dressed or do your hair, or anything!

Happy Friday!

Karen said...

I see you're an early bird too! Some mornings I'm up around 4:30am! But I love the quietness in our house that can be found at those early morning hours!

Hope you have a great weekend!
Karen

Barbara H. said...

That is funny about using a wake-up song to keep kids in bed! But, hey, it works. That's a neat way to handle it. And good for you for staying on task this week.

Anonymous said...

I hate waking up before my alarm! It annoys me to no end! :)

I like that you have a wake up song....hmmm maybe I should try that ;) I need a bit of time in the mornings...especially before my shower!

Have a fabulous weekend friend!