Wednesday, May 26, 2010

WFW: Read the whole thing...

I find that, as a Mom, I'm guilty of knowing and repeating portions of scripture but not reading the whole thing. I'm not taking anything out of context per se...just not remembering what the whole thing says.

Recently, this portion of scripture has been brought to my attention. I say, "Be kind to one another" about forty two billion times a day! What I was needed to hear was the tenderhearted and forgiving AS CHRIST forgave YOU parts.

Funny, so close...yet so far away. So, write down verses that you "spout off" and see what's written around them. You might just find that it's what you've been looking for all along.

For more WFW go to...Susan's where she is FOREVER HIS.

11 comments:

SnoWhite said...

so important... I too am tempted to skim... "oh, I know this" -- but God's spirit reveals something new and by skimming I miss those moments.

Daughter of the KING said...

So true - one that gets me everytime is when people say resist the devil and he will flee. Oops - first we have to submit to God, resist the devil and he will flee. See the most important part was the first.

You left a comment on my post today. Was hoping I could get the name of that song from you. Can't find it under the words you left on the post.

Thanks,
Linda J

Karen said...

Very good reminder...

Denise said...

Very true.

Karen said...

Beautiful picture and background and true words. Thank you.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Beautiful pic and verse! Deifnitely easy to get stuck with just part of a verse. When focusing on the latter part of that verse, Christ was so forgiving to us.

Anonymous said...

Thought provoking insight, thank you.

Susan said...

This is sooooooooo true!

Thanks for joining us today at WFW♥

Natalie at Mommy on Fire said...

Such great insight and advice - thanks, Bobbi!!

Bear said...

Good illustration of the importance of reading the whole rather than the part. :-)

Barbara H. said...

Very good reminder! We get so used to certain Scriptural phrases that we forget what's around them.