Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Word FILLED Wednesday: Cup Overflowing...

A few days ago I shared about the beautiful mother daughter tea at our church. It has led me to do a lot of thinking about how much praising I'm doing...about how thankful I really am. Sadly, the results of this little inner study were quick and profound....My cup is rather lacking in praise and thanksgiving...definitely not at the OVERFLOWING level.

So, how to change that...Read my Bible seemed to be one of the first obvious answers. Just in creating the graphic for WFW I took a good look at Psalm 23. If you haven't lately...it's short...take a look. It's a declaration of love for MY Shepherd. He restores my soul...in Him I have NO WANT...He gives me quiet rest...He leads me and comforts me even through the darkest valleys of life. WOW! And that's just scratching the surface ya'll!

So, in the effort to develop a cup more sloshy will praises to my WONDERFUL Savior...I'm going to start keeping a gratitude journal. I know this is not a new idea. I'm not even sure where first I heard of it. I found these two little journals at Half Priced Books on my last date night with Loverbrains...and decided they are perfect to fill with Gratitude! If any of you would care to join me...please do. Praise HIM!

For more WFW go to...Our lovely Meme's hostess...Amydeanne's 160 Acre Woods...now fresher and full of imagination!

15 comments:

ozjane said...

Praise Him Praise Him
Jesus our blessed redeemer...

Oh how often we fail to praise.

livinginbetween said...

Yep, my cup needs some filling up too, and it's my fault when I'm not living with a grateful heart.

I don't participate, but Ann Volskamp at A Holy Experience has a wonderful gratitude meme -- A Thousand Thanks, or something like that. A great accountability tool in counting blessings!

lori said...

Bobbi, this hits me straight. Grateful, we must focus on gratitude...

It hit me as I read, what if we put a journal out for the FAMILY to add their thanksgivings to as well..then it extends to those we often grumble at the most...;)

just thinkin' outloud!

peace! loved it!
I want to OVERFLOW!
lori

Ginger said...

Now you now I LOVE that one.

BTW: My hubby is the one who did Amy's design. Feel free to contact me for anything you may need.

Also, I posted for my sis (Rena) today. Go check it out too.
Ginger

Karen said...

Loved this, Bobbi! I want my cup to slosh....

Laurencita said...

Oh! that is my favorite chapter in the bible. thanks for sharing.

Michele said...

Love this!!! I want mine over pouring, so much that people are running behind me to catch my drippings to fill their cups :)

life's journey said...

I like this verse i hope i will have a cup over flowing with blessings so that i can share more. Thanks for sharing and happy WFW!

Brian the old man said...

Praise the Lord! So often we forget to thank Him for the many blessings He pours down upon us each day. Thanks for sharing.

Wanda said...

My cup overflows too. Have a blessed WFW!

Missie said...

Tasty!

Denise said...

I love to praise Him.

Susannah said...

God bless you, sweet sister! :~D

LivingforGod said...

We memorized Psalm 23. It's so comforting to our soul. "A thankful heart is a happy heart." ~Madamme Blueberry (VeggieTales) I usually participate in the Friday's Fave Five meme (listing 5 things that I enjoy and/or am thankful for during each week) on my blog. I used to also do the Thankful Thursday meme but then it's about the same thing so I just stick with one :).

Thanks for visiting my photo blog today.

Amydeanne said...

i love psalm 23.. i learnt it in grade 1 and still remember it lol.. yes i lack in praise alot of days, so thank you for the encouragment and reminder of such a great verse!
mmm now i want coffee! lol