Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Nekkid House June

Why you ask...?
If you'd like to see the massive piles of stuff I put away check out yesterday's post HERE...the dog is worried!  She thinks we're moving...I may have even fooled a few faithful readers into thinking the same thing!  Hehehe....

What I'm putting away: All nicknacks be they from world travels or otherwise, all baskets unless serving a specific purpose, all pillows and throws. All pictures (except big wall art).  All the blue bottles in my front windows.

What I'm not putting away: A basket full of daily used art supplies for the sweet boobahs, a basket of my hand-sewing stuffs, the glass oil lamps I collect are full of oil and thus not going anywhere. I did spread them out and since they're clear glass it's not so bad. Plants...I'm plant-sitting a few and I'm not risking anyone dying so they stay where they are.
Biggest plus so far...I dusted ya'll! Woo hoo! I even un-cobwebbed the corners!!  My fridge is so bright without it's usually papered covering I do a big double take when I walk into the kitchen!
I shall miss my blue bottles. *sniff-sniff*  I have a plan for storage too. I'm going to get some clear containers and organize this stuff once and for all!!! Really!!!   Join me and the Nester...

7 comments:

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Such an interesting idea. I usually have less things around in the summer and cozy up in the winter, but I have never put all my things away.

I'll be interested to hear your take on it at the end of 30 days.

Fondly,
Glenda

Joyce said...

This sounds kind of interesting. I don't have a lot of stuff out a) because I don't have small children in the house who tote around their stuff, and b) my hubs is not a fan of knick knacks. Good luck with your project!

Linda Stoll said...

Yep ... maybe the dusting's the best gift of all! I was horrified at the Adams Family-style cobwebs that suddenly came to light ...

Linked up right next to you at The Nester's!

Linda

Unknown said...

I thought it funny that what was really doing was cleaning up my junk and less putting away accessories. I still have more items to tuck away.

Paige said...

The place looks great!

Maureen said...

This really is a fascinating process. Thanks for visiting at my blog - I am lovin' having a bare desk. Wow. What a change. There are a few other areas to work on, too, but for me, this desk is a major accomplishment. And where did all the stuff go? Some out the door, some where it should have been. So much fun to read what other gals are doing with this. Inspiring.

Nirupama said...

Wow, you are off to a great start!! I'd misss those bottles too :)