Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge!

 
1. What's your worst food memory?  How about one of your best?
Worst---when I got food poisoning mid week during VBS.  Still haven't been able to eat that Asian Chicken Salad since.  Best---anytime I try something new...it's so exciting and usually amazing.  Let me put it this way...Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern...yeah, we could be serious buds.  If we ever actually met, of course.  LOL!
 
2. Do you appreciate people telling it like it is, or would you rather a speaker temper his/her words and maybe beat around the bush a little?  How about when you're the one communicating...which type are you?
I'm learning to do better at choosing my words carefully...mostly because I'm finding that people seem to think that because I'm outgoing and have firm convictions...(yes, I'm extroverted)...that I don't have feelings and they can shoot me with darts whenever it pleases them and that they are somehow justified cuz well, I'm me.  Yeah, this is a post for another time...I could go for some more thoughtful encouraging comments right now...thanks.  Nothing like having your feelings hurt to gain perspective though...and if God wants to teach me more about guarding my tongue, than He surely has much to work with there. 

3. What's your favorite place to hang out?
Hang out?  Darren and I love going to Yats, a cajun creole place with mardi gras decor...so surprising if you know our nerdy selves...but the food's GREAT and it's low key.  When we feel like dressing up, we go downtown to an Indian Restaurant with white tableclothes and amazing food.  Quiet and Calm!

4. When do you most feel like you're a slave to time?
When I have to connect from one thing to the other smoothly...like bus to piano lesson to dinner to bath to bed.

5. What was the last concert you attended?  Who'd you go with? Was it any good?
It's been a while...for our anniversary a few  years ago we went downtown for a Christmas concert at the Cathedral.  It was nice but I had a cough and thought I'd explode trying to be quiet!  Funny what I remember.

6. Reality TV...harmful or harmless?  What's your guilty pleasure when it comes to reality TV?
Let me put it this way...I've been really interested in pondering reality TV and Hunger Games as our future.  See?!  Interesting...just sayin'  Food for thought.  I don't really get into it...my life's real enough, thanks.

7. What's something you think is overrated?
Facebook...connection with all your friends...all.the.time...Again, a post for another time!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
I'm posting a doozy tomorrow.  Yup.  Wrote it...gonna proof it...scheduled it.  After my hiatus from blogging this summer...I'm finally thinking in "blog" again.  As you can tell...there are many things on my mind...probably better left un-blogged as far as emotional and heartfelt and boring to others...but sometimes the cathartic process of hashing them out in a respectful way via blog is just what the Doctor ordered.
 

2 comments:

Joyce said...

One of the verses I've memorized this year is 'Where words are many transgression is not lacking, but whoever restains his lips is prudent." Proverbs 10:19...funny how often God brings it to my mind...He's got plenty to work with here too : )

Joyce said...

restRains, not retains. grrrr.