Friday, February 28, 2014

FIve Minute Friday: Choose

Choose:
 Go!

I'm slowly learning that happiness is a choice.  With great intentionality I must choose to be thankful, to look forward at the eternal perspective.  Why must I choose?  Well...by not choosing happiness, I choose the alternative....and it ain't pretty ya'll.

So today I choose...to slow down and embrace mome-hood.  To ooo and ahh over the little things.  To enjoy God's creation with my Sweet Boobahs who see it so clearly and comment on it constantly.  See those stars, see that beautiful pattern in ice from this long winter.  I choose to snuggle and not strive.

Today I choose...to waste no more time wishing for more time.  I will look for new ways to love my man.  To enjoy hiding notes in his lunchbox again...praying over each pair of socks, encouraging my children to respect and love him more.

This is my prayer: that my love for God may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that I may be able to CHOOSE what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God. (based on Philippians 1:9-11)

STOP.

Five Minute Friday

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! May we all do these things more! Love, Mom D. P.S. I need some new pics on the other blog. Haven't seen my babies in way too long.