Thursday, February 20, 2014

Wishful Thinking Thursday


I wish...that we could learn languages easily...

I saw THIS graphic for Psalm 34...and wished I could read Hebrew.  I knew that certain Psalms were acrostics...but never realized how much we lose by not seeing them in Hebrew.  I wish they all appeared in my Bible like this picture. 

I am thankful for the little bit of Spanish I hold onto from high school, as it continues to serve me well.  I wish I had more time to brush up on it...more brain to absorb it.  I had an absolute blast helping a new student in Caleb's class who has almost no English.  He was happy to not be stuck tracing numbers...even if he wasn't happy each time I made him repeat the numbers in English.  I wished I was fluent...and could encourage his obviously overwhelmed little self.  Breaks my heart.

But for now...my being fluent in any language, other than basic English, is just wishful thinking.  Perhaps God is at work...and it's time to do some studying...

No comments: