Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Coffee & Powdered Sugar Hodgepodge

1. "Summer is like childhood. It's full of warm memories and gone too soon."~Kellie Elmore  Agree or disagree? Share something you loved about the summers of your childhood.
Agree.  Even though I'm not a fan of summer's lack of routine, I'm learning to enjoy the ride.  It sure is fast...especially with the new year-round school calendars...my kids start back next week.  Blink blink...where did summer go??  I love the extra time to read, sew and love on my kids.

2. Are you a fan of auto racing-NASCAR, Indy, Stock, Grand Prix, etc? Ever been to a race in person? Any desire to do this?  Do you know a lot about cars? Do you notice particular makes and models when you're out and about?
I guess I should be ashamed to admit that I don't and I haven't...considering that I live in Indianapolis.  Watching loud and stinky cars go round and round holds no appeal for me...sorry.  I do enjoy seeing older cars...and I love Seinfeld's Crackle Web Series, "Comedians in Cars getting Coffee."  It's the most I've learned about cars...well...ever.

3. What's something you think is too serious to be joked about? Or do you think anything and everything is fair game?
I was going to say death...but I've been to plenty of funerals where laughter was the best medicine.  I suppose, as always, it depends on your tact and intent.  With any joke timing is everything, right?  That being said, I probably should be more careful with my joking.  I know that my Dad and I find things hilarious that truly irritate my Mom and brother.  We probably should just cool it.

4. July 29th is National Lasagna Day. Are you a fan? Do you have a great recipe, and if so where did it come from? If given a choice would you choose a plate of lasagna or a plate of spaghetti?
I love lasagna but I never make it.  My husband doesn't like it and my son is allergic to half it's ingredients.  I just order it when we go out.  

5. What's a simple pleasure you'd miss if it were not a regular part of your life?
Reading books for pleasure.
 
6. If you could be the CEO of any company, which would you choose?
Apple.  I'd get free stuff, right?  Bwahhaha...sorry...I can't take this question seriously today.

7. August is just around the bend...bid farewell to July in exactly seven words.
Thanks for the cool, very unexpected, breezes.

8. Insert your own random thought here. 
Thanks for your prayers and emails after my post Monday.  Ya'll are sweet!
 

4 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Enjoyed reading your answers. I also mentioned that laughter can be good medicine, I guess it depends on the people. I'm going to check out your post from Monday!

bp said...

We have had a fast summer also. It's been fun and we've tried to make good memories together.

Cranberry Morning said...

I went back and read Monday's post. I'm sorry for the uncertainty and pain you're going through with regard to your loved ones. Knowing that God is sovereign and will be glorified is our greatest comfort in times like this.

I too have a ready sense of humor and shared that with my dad. We always saw the funny side of things. I miss him. Even now, I'll be the only one who laughs at something said in a sermon or in the middle of a movie, etc. Sigh.

Barbara H. said...

I agree about racing. It seems pretty pointless to me to drive cars around in a circle (or oval) for a living.

I'd say hell is probably not something to be joked about. I'm sensitive to jokes about alcoholics and drunkenness since my father was an alcoholic. Once we were at a fast food place and there was a drunk guy stumbling around and falling outside, and everyone else was laughing their heads off while I was in tears - to think that he was so bound up in his addiction that he didn't know or care that he was in such a state and to think how resistant he would probably be to any solution. Someone finally did call the police to come and pick him up.

Apple would be a good place to be CEO of.