Saturday, July 19, 2014

Sew Saturday: Peg Bear Reveal

This bear has upcycled sweater ears and belly fuzz...
I'm unclear as to why they are called peg bears...perhaps because of the legs? If anyone knows, do tell!  I've googled and found nothing...
For the most part this went with the quilt I made for this baby...but I didn't have any large pieces of the retro fabrics left so chose this coordinating fabric for the back.
Cute!!!  Cutie...Cuteness!!!
These adorable bear was delivered to my friend Sarah....At this point I'm waiting rather impatiently for news of baby's arrival...overdue!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! Never have seen one. Does look easy to make. Love, Mom D

Anonymous said...

Looked it up, apparently they started in Australia and in areas over that way, and in that area they call a clothes pin a peg. The bear looks like an old fashioned clothes pin or peg. :-) -gill