Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday Musings: The Reality of Suffering...

God is good, all the time.  All the time, God is good.  Although I will not go into much detail here, I figured I'd let the faithful few followers I have pray for me by sharing minimal issues from my personal life.  It's probably more fun than the subliminal messages I've been posting in the form of songs, verses and poems, right?  
I did share, about a year ago, that my Dad was diagnosed with a rare illness called myleofibrosis.  Not very long ago, our family found out my Mom also had cancer.  It was hard news.  It is our family's prayer that in all these things God would be glorified.  We know He is in Sovereign control.  
I am learning to rejoice in trial and not wrestle so much.  I read recently about the Sovereignty of God being the pillow upon which we rest our heads.  That is very true for me.  The nights I toss and turn are the nights I'm not resting in His Sovereignty.  This week one of my friends also passed away very suddenly leaving a husband and two little boys behind.  I am sad.  I'm also watching another new friend enter into the last days of her husband's life...she also has two little boys.  We aren't guaranteed our tomorrows.  And, I'm thankful that my reality is helping me count my blessings in the present.  

Interestingly, Ironic or just plain Providential I sat in church today to hear the first of a series on Job.  I almost laughed...well, except that all the worship songs made me want to bawl.  Ok, I might have cried a little.  Some highlights for me...Job's default position was his knees in worship...that's right where he goes after that first day of awful news.  So, what habits am I forming now so that I can worship in the midst of pain?  I also loved the pastor's comments regarding the stupid comments people make...Don't let your comments make people dumber like Job's friends.  Be a nail in a firm place...we can't fix things all the time.  The bottom line...Jesus wins.  He has already WON!  To God be the glory.



2 comments:

Barbara H. said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mom, as well as the friends you mentioned. Sometimes it does seem like trials come in bunches. Will be praying for your family.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I am really sorry to hear about the pain your are going through. My heart aches with you. I will of course pray. I know when things are really bad I fall to my knees in prayer. I've heard good things about Job's and think I will read it. I need to get into the bible more. Take care and God Bless you.