Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Hello Spring Hodgepodge!

1. Besides left over Easter goodies, what's something currently kept in a basket at your house?
I keep many things in baskets...I love Longaberger.  I have balls of yarn in one...coffee in another...tissues in one...essential oils in two others...and that's just the ones I can see from where I'm typing.

2. 'The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.' ~Michelangelo Buonarroti 

So which one are you...the one who aims too high, or the one who aims too low? Have you ever seen The Sistine Chapel? Did you know Michelangelo's surname prior to answering this question?
As a teacher, I've often agreed with this sentiment.  

3. April 7th is National Beer Day. Hmmm...wonder how that's celebrated? Do you like beer? Have a favorite? If you're not a beer drinker do you have any recipes you enjoy cooking that call for beer?
Teetotaller
 
4. When did you last travel somewhere new? Tell us where? How'd it go?
I drove downtown, via a new route, to my son's Dr appt at the Children's hospital.  It was a better route...but my beef with driving downtown is that you can never find your way back due the one ways...ugh.  CRRRaaazeee!

5. The value of _________________________is greatly overrated.
Starbucks....I can't believe I'm saying that...but it's true.  Still going to be a date night destination, of course...but, for the $$ involved it's just greatly overrated. 

6. What's a pet peeve of yours when it comes to restaurant dining?
People who pick their teeth in front of the mirrors on the wall.  Classy...NOT!  OR...my new one...people on their phones, not talking to each other.  This is especially sad in a nicer restaurant with just two people.  I feel a little better when both people are on their phones but it's harder to watch when one person is ignoring the other.  I feel like inviting that other person to join us...we promise to talk to you!

7. It's Poetry Month...share a favorite poem, either the title, a few lines you find meaningful, or the whole kit and caboodle.
"Hope" is the thing with feathers --
That perches in the soul --
And sings the tune without the words --
And never stops -- at all --

And sweetest -- in the Gale -- is heard --
And sore must be the storm --
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm --

I've heard it in the chillest land --
And on the strangest Sea --
Yet, never, in Extremity,
It asked a crumb -- of Me. 
 Emily Dickinson
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Spring is springing here...my daffodils are blooming and my Loverbrains bought me Hyacinths and tulips...Yay!!  Dogwood trees are just popping out and Forsythia is popping bright yellow!  Happiness!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

UGH! Downtown one way traffic. I hate it. Our son sees various doctors at a Children's Hospital and we often go through downtown to get there. You have to go past your destination many times and come back simply because of one way streets. Then you can't go back the way you just learned because that is the wrong direction. UGH!

Cranberry Morning said...

So glad to hear that spring is somewhere! Daffodils are my favorite because they're my first flower after winter.

Anonymous said...

For a while I agreed about Starbucks and I went to a lot of little coffee shops and while I liked their stuff, I always end up back at Starbucks. The money is about the same and I have grown used to it.

April said...

What you shared about your downtown driving experience sounds a lot like driving in ATL. Makes me crazy! I avoid Starbucks at all costs. My flowers are blooming like crazy right now...makes me so happy!

Joyce said...

I tend to think we're one of the last towns in America without a Starbucks. There's one in the mall a couple towns over but none here. I don't miss it. Not even the daffs have peeked their heads out of the ground here yet. It is cold and windy today, but they say the weekend will be sunny and in the 60's-can't wait!

Barbara H. said...

The dogwoods are just blooming now - so pretty!

Hate the one-way streets downtown - and the narrower streets there in most places we've lived.

I can't have caffeine or dairy and don't like flavored coffee, so that leaves out 99% of what I could get at Starbucks. I do love their sweets, though, but need to keep them in check.