Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Meme?

I thought I'd share...I could not figure out what a Meme was? The more "into" the blogging world I got and the more I blurfed about (blog surfing) the more I saw this word...Meme. Was it a word? Was it an acronym? So and so would say, check out this Meme from someone else...etc. There are entire blog sites devoted to these things. So, I asked my blogging guru friend and we had to laugh...cuz she'd just googled it herself. HA! So, since I've had people asking me who are new to the blogging scene as well...

In science, a Meme (pronounced to rhyme with “theme”) is a self-propagating unit of thought that is spread from one host to another. Richard Dawkins invented the term as a kind of idea-gene. Like genes, as Memes spread they mutate or die. Only the fittest Memes survive.

For bloggers Memes have become synonymous with Internet quizzes, surveys, and novelties that people link to and pass around on their blogs, forums and via email, things like the “which superhero are you most like” test…

As Beckie asked, "Clear as mud now?" LOL

No comments: