1. Do you play any musical instruments? If so, which one(s)? If not, is there one you always wanted to know how to play?
I play the piano. Played percussion in high school and college. Played trumpet for a bit...and can still do a weak and pitiful scale. I played the guitar for a bit and would really like to pick that up again and become proficient. I have also played dulcimers, vibraharps, and other Appalachian instruments. I was a music major for a few years...I've tried everything. Never could get a reed instrument to make anything but an awful honking noise though.
2. Do you sing well? Do you sing along in the car? Do you use head motions?
Well, I went to college on a full vocal scholarship. I love to sing...but my MomE life doesn't leave much room for singing these days, outside of occasional special music, car singing, and kiddie sing a longs. Head motions? I'm currently working on some sign language for a piece... does that count?
3. Who was your teen music crush?
I don't think I had one. New Kids on the Block and the Newsboys were popular but my family really never supported that kind of "crush" stuff. I wasn't in to it either.
4. What is your favorite type of music?
I enjoy everything. I'm truly eclectic in musical taste. I listen to a lot of classical, opera, swing, jazz, oldies, and veggie tales music. The only kind I struggle with is what I refer to as "trashcan" music...where it sounds like banging trashcans and I can't understand a word of what they're saying...well, except for the bad words. Sort of sets my teeth on edge. I'm also currently struggling with certain christian music genres where you can't tell if they're singing about God or a woman. Errr, use the BIBLE for lyrics when all else fails, dude!
5. Who are your three favorite musical artists?
Andrea Bocelli, Michael Buble, and Kathleen Battle
6. Does your church play traditional or praise songs, or a combination?
7. What is your favorite hymn?
Great is Thy Faithfulness
8. What is your favorite praise song?
The Potter's Hand
9. What is the strangest musician's name whose music you like?
Michael Buble's is sort of odd, I guess. I like Switchfoot...and that's sort of odd too.
10. Here's the bonus question that you get to answer with a question. What one question would you like for Heather and Reese to ask in a future KATF? Just DON'T answer it yet. It can be something random, something you'd just love to know about everyone else...just whatever floats your boat. Go for it!
Do you garden...grow things...inside...outside? OR Do you kill living green things?
To check out Know & Tell Friday...or join in the fun...click here.