Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Remember the words?

I was listening to our "christian" radio station and was irked by the DJ...don't worry it's a common occurrence. They are doing a fund drive which makes them even more maddening than usual. An older couple sent in a donation with a line from this hymn...the DJ didn't know it...surprise, surprise! I'll save my issues with the station for another blog but here is the hymn...awesome...and the link has it playing!


In My Heart There Rings A Melody

I have a song that Jesus gave me,
It was sent from heaven above;
There never was a sweeter melody,
'Tis a melody of love.

I love the Christ who died on Calv'ry,
For He washed my sins away;
He put within my heart a melody,
And I know it's there to stay.

'Twill be my endless theme in glory,
With the angels I will sing;
'Twill be a song with glorious harmony,
When the courts of heaven ring.

CHORUS:
In my heart there rings a melody,
There rings a melody with heaven's harmony;
In my heart there rings a melody;
There rings a melody of love!

Words and Music: Elton M. Roth, 1891-1951

No comments: