Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Book Reviews 8 & 9

The Prophet by Frank E. Peretti

I didn't finish it. I couldn't! I don't know what my problem is but I can't handle this book right now. It is too much like what's on the news (elections) and is totally contrary to my belief on prophets and end times. I'll pick it up later...but much later...and try it again. Maybe, it'll be on the list next fall...seeing as the election season won't be so major!

The Busy Mom's Guide to Spiritual Survival by Kelli B. Trujillo

This is a good, practical book. I found that I already did many of these things but it was neat to see someone cared enough to give tips in a book. At first, I thought the title was a bit extreme, "spiritual survival" but after some thought, think it is right on. We need to be serious...very serious...about making God first in our day! I like the concept that even if I get nothing else done but spending time with God...my day is still very well spent!

To check out my Fall Reading List just click here.

No comments: