Friday, March 13, 2009

Frugal Fridays--Sugar Scrub...ooooo!


I thought this sounded gross when I heard about it at my MTO (Mom's Time Out) meeting. It just goes to show that you shouldn't knock it 'til you've tried it! This is waaayyy cheaper than expensive body butters and sugar scrubs...even generics...

A single batch is half a cup brown sugar (reg. sugar or salt work too), quarter cup olive oil (veggie oil works too) and anything for scent (about a teaspoon). I've used vanilla and almond extract. I've heard you can use mint, coffee, and essential oils.

This is perfect for winter itchy skin! You don't even need lotion when you get out of the shower! It's wonderful....ooooooo..maybe even luxurious!


I discovered that one batch fits perfectly into a larger Gerber baby food jar. It makes a good gift too!


1 comment:

Kayren said...

I would have to agree with your initial reaction on the sounding gross...I'd have to knock it before I tried it. I can't really imagine putting olive oil on my skin, and definitely not vegetable oil. Really, it works? Seriously?

My letters I'm going to have to type in for verification in a second are 'occod'. A little longer version but my initial reaction was 'ocd'.