Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's funny what comes to mind....

Great scripture has been popping into my mind at the exactly appropriate times. A while back Ps. 46:10, "Be still and know I am God." was perfect for my life and everywhere. It was in my devotions, in our couples' devotions, in Bible studies, in the Sunday sermons. It was strange...you know it was right up there with the feeling you get that your pastor is spying on you! HA! Now that's good preaching.

Anyhew...sometimes I find it odd...or maybe creepy...or freaky...okay, I need a thesaurus... that what comes to mind in the morning hits you between the eyes later in the day. I had decided to post some verses by the naughty mats for inspiration in difficult times. Yes, now it is mats, plural...lovely! Two spots for simultaneous weeping. One of the verses I picked, especially for Curious Georgette, was

Philippians 2:14, "Do everything without complaining or arguing..."

Okay, those of you snickering...just stop it, right now! You know where this is going. It was very appropriate for her...she's been begging/complaining when I say no...and it's gotta stop!

But then....
...the Loverbrain came home late...and he's been gone on business for days...and me...wellllll....I was angry, grumpy, frustrated, okay...another thesaurus moment! What verse do you suppose popped into my mind!? YUP...

Philippians 2:14, "Do everything without complaining or arguing..."

I about bit my tongue right off! I could see God's hand...wow! Because I was silent I could see my poor husband was exhausted and sorry to be late. I could see that he wanted to be home with us! Now, I'm not saying that my insides weren't grouchy for a bit but one half at a time, people!! My attitude did follow my guarded lips!
Ps. 141:3 Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips.

No comments: