Monday, July 27, 2009

Wicked Blueberry Coffee Cake...

Well, I've never attempted to make a recipe from a mystery novel before...but, there's a first time for everything. I think I was reading Murder on the Rocks (Gray Whale Inn Mysteries, No. 1)
by Karen MacInerney. It's one of those yummy sounding recipes that you copy down and forget about until, in my case, you have lots of fresh blueberries.

Here's a clue to how well it came out! Yummo!!
Wicked Blueberry Coffee Cake

Ingredients
1/2 c. butter
1 c. sugar
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 t. vanilla
1 t. bkg. pwd.
1 t. bkg. soda
1/4 t. salt
2 c. flour
1 c. sour cream
2 c. blueberries

1 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. flour


Cream butter and sugar. Add next 6 ingredients. Add flour and sour cream alternating with egg mixture. Fold in blueberries. Place in greased 9X 13 pan. Top with creamed brown sugar and butter...with flour mixed in until crumbly. Spread over top of batter. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. I added 10 minutes to mine...cuz it wasn't quite as set up as I like!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am saving this recipe...it looks delish....and oh so pretty! :)