Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday Foodie: Rhubarb Crunch

So, yesterday I wanted to make something yummy. It was a crisp and sunny day.
I have a lot of frozen fruits in my freezer...thanks to my very giving mother...
So, I thawed out some rhubarb...and using her recipe...I made a gorgeous...delicious...
Rhubarb Crunch...which is better than a crisp any day...
Lola Lea's Rhubarb Crunch

1 c. flour
3/4 c. uncooked oats
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. melted butter
1 t. cinnamon
Mix into crumbs...

Place half in a 9 X 9 pan.
Place 4 c. diced rhubarb (cherries, blueberries) on crumbs.

Combine and cook until thick and bubbly:
1 c. sugar
2 T. cornstarch
1 c. water
1 t. vanilla

Pour hot bubbling mixture over rhubarb and top with other half of crumbs.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

To double: Use 6 c. fruit and a 9 X 13 pan.

No comments: