I'm a doer...and usually that's a great thing. However, it is easy for me to say yes too quickly. I'm able to do many things (praise God) and figure that's an "if, than" sort of situation. IF you can do it, THAN you should. Uh...of course, I end up over scheduled and stressed. When it comes down to it...I'm doing a lot of GOOD WORKS...but not necessarily the one's God's prepared in advance for me to do...just those that I thought were fun, or needed to be done,
I heard recently this check list...and I'm anxious to apply it to my life. Before accepting any new thing into your life...
1. Pray...and ask if it is His plan for you.
2. Look in His Word...does it even line up with what the Bible says you should be doing...
3. Practical application...logistics...does it fit the schedule...
4. Ask your husband....does he see room in your life?
5. Have a good reason to say no...Don't just say no cuz it's not your plan...when it might be God's plan.
If you still have a nagging feeling...go through steps 1-4 again. Chances are if you've gone through those steps honestly...then you have a good reason for saying no.
I don't know about you...but I don't want to be busy doing a bunch of stuff that's not even what I'm supposed to be doing. I want to see the important God given roles of wife and mother for the opportunities they provide...and not see things that I'm capable of doing...as something I really have to be doing.
True satisfaction comes from doing God's will. Where do you look for satisfaction? What work has God given you to do? Is it the delight of your heart??