Monday, June 21, 2010

Coffee from my Darling!

I just think this is the cutest little picture...comic...I'm not sure, but it looks like Rockwell to me. The paper from this ambitious, apron-ed husband says, "Darling, To make good coffee, use enough. A heaping tablespoon for each cup. ~Betty"

I've been trying struggling to be positive about every day things in my marriage. When I saw this picture I thought about one of the things that I took for granted when Loverbrains was home each morning and not traveling so much.

He almost always makes the coffee (good STRONG coffee) and brings me my first cup. I enjoy doing the rest of the cooking/baking, etc. but it sure is a treat when, in my still slightly coma state...in walks my man...with a steaming cup of LOVE for me!

Thanks Darling!!

4 comments:

Kayren said...

It does look like a Rockwell.

You know, Betsy (another blog friend) has her coffee maker right on her nightstand. Her husband makes the coffee every night and sets the timer, but he doesn't drink it. It's just for her. She's mentioned before how appreciative she is too. Sometimes it's the little things that are the most important.

Susannah said...

LOL, love the apron. Looks like a Rockwell to me. I've been wearing cute aprons when I cook Sunday dinners. I feel so official! :~D

e-Dad makes the coffee around our place too. (He love the sound of our coffee bean grinder.)

Stay happy friend!

Anonymous said...

Maybe he learned that from his father-in-law. Your dad brings me coffee every morning too. We got a couple of great ones, didn't we kid? Love, Mom D

Wanda said...

Aww, what a sweet post. I remember when I had a husband to bring me coffee, but he's with the Lord now. Enjoy time with yours.