Monday, June 14, 2010

Half-versary...

Loverbrain's and I were married in the beautiful cold of December. We find that we can't quite get it together to celebrate our anniversary during that busy season.
So, my parents lovingly volunteered to watch our Sweet Boobahs so we could go away for a day. They live close to Amish country...so...we left the dear sweet children...who cried not one tear...sigh!
And, we did what truly nerdy people like to do...
...we toured a small town museum...Loverbrains is standing next to a huge Swiss cheese vat...his favorite kind of cheese. I think, PU! I make him brush his teeth when he's done eating that stuff! Hehehehe!
Our hotel was by a river (we don't know which one)...and there was a bench...so we sat and talked and watched the sunset! Very special...
He surprised me with a huge room with a fireplace and jucuzzi tub...and we sat and read and talked. Might sound boring to you...but with little kids about it's hard to do that often!
We had a great time going through Amish country. They had little 1800 houses made into shops...and they are made for me. I don't even have to duck in the doorways ya'll! Hehehe! Anyone who'd like to give me an 1800's house...I'm game!

5 comments:

Barbara H. said...

Happy half-anniversary! Sounds like a lovely time.

Karen said...

Awww...this sounds so sweet and special...Happy half-versary!

Susannah said...

Wonderful! Just what every marriage needs... celebration and a getaway. We love going to museums too. ღ

Carmel said...

Happy Half Anniversary! : ) Been meaning to contact you and see how you've been doing. Praying for you!

Kayren said...

That's a vat for cheese? Oh my! I think if you gave him one of those maybe he'd get sick of it and you wouldn't have to worry about it anymore...just a thought.