Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Word FILLED Wednesday: ROCKin' verses...and linky thoughts...

I've been doing some pier walking and looking at some serious rocks...and so I went searching for ROCK verses. WOW...there are so many. How comforting...indeed!
I've been doing a lot of blog surfing or blurfing...and have recently read some really powerful stuff...stuff that hits me right between the eyes...So, rather than try to recap in my own pitiful words I'm gonna share some linky love with ya'll...

Missy at It's Almost Naptime hits my heart on a rather regular basis...but her latest really hurt. My cheek's still stinging. "Every moment and every action of every day displays either how much we know Jesus or how much we need Jesus."

Natalie at Mommy On Fire is becoming dearer to me with every post. A few weeks ago she wrote a good one on The Power Of Words..."It was in that moment that I heard God say to me “See, my daughter? Every little thing you say reveals to the world who you really are.”

I somehow stumbled over Queen Los at Daily Grace. This is one of those really great painful posts on how to treat your husband. I love her reversals at the end. We'd have a complete cow if our husband's said some of those things that we say about them. Flaming shame! Whoa.

And Last (for now) Sandy at God Speaks Today really nailed it for me. "But now, I am so thankful God doesn’t let me coast on my own goodness. I’m so thankful that He allows me to suffer the discomfort of hunger for His word and distress of thirst for His presence. I’m so thankful He never lets me forget that I am absolutely nothing without Him."




11 comments:

lori said...

oh man....
As if the image and verse were not enough!

You got me with...
""Every moment and every action of every day displays either how much we know Jesus or how much we need Jesus."

okay...I'll be thinking on this ALL day, even sharing it with a few of my people!

As always Bobbi...
You ROCK! (I couldn't resist! ;)

peace,
lori

Whidbey Woman said...

All of them are such powerful words....

Amydeanne said...

love the theme today bobbi!

Bear said...

Your picture, Scripture and gathered thoughts ministered to me. Thanks!

Denise said...

Yes, He is the rock I always lean on.

Sweet Woodruff said...

Thank you. This was good and you gave me a lot to think about.

Powerful sentence:

"Every moment and every action of every day displays either how much we know Jesus or how much we need Jesus"

Wanda said...

Lovely verse and graphic. The quotes you shared from the other ladies are definitely some hard hitters. I'll have to check them out when I get a chance. Thanks for sharing. Happy WFW!

Missie said...

"It was in that moment that I heard God say to me “See, my daughter? Every little thing you say reveals to the world who you really are.”

Wowzies! I really need to reevaluate myself

Karen said...

Awesome sharing, Bobbi...and I even learned a new word...blurfing!

Natalie at Mommy on Fire said...

Bobbi, I just headed over here to check out your wonderful WFW and imagine my delight to find your sweet words regarding my post. Thank you!!!!

And yes, you DO rock!

Enjoy the rest of your vacation - I'm living vicariously through you...

Kayren said...

I liked the rock verse you shared and the pic to go with it.

Is blurfing a new word? I learn something new all the time.

I enjoyed your recaps of what the other girls had to say. Good stuff, Bobbi. I'm going to visit them.