Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Peace like a Pond?...or like a River??

The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever. Isaiah 32:17

Being peaceful was never something I counted as a goal. It cracks me up to think that I thought it didn't "fit my personality." I sort of thought of it as boring. Those pithy, quiet peaceful people...ugh! No thanks. BUT...it's funny (well, not really) how God can bring you to a place where you yearn for His peace...and you realize that it isn't about peace like a POND...but peace like a river...
"
If only you had paid attention to my commands, your peace would have been like a river, your righteousness like the waves of the sea." Isaiah 48:18

As I looked at this a little bit this week I thought it was interesting the connection between God's peace and our obedience.
Is. 26:3-perfect peace for those with a steadfast trust in God
Is. 57:2- peace for those who walk uprightly

Being a full time MomE often brings me flat on my face...usually in shame...as I consider the contrast between my parenting skills and God's parenting skills. I strive for obedience from my children...because I want them to have peaceful lives. I want them to know WHO controls the rapids in their rivers of life. Unlike God, my sense of discipline is often off...and I'm not always just and fair...but HE IS...always...even when it hurts!

"For whom the LORD loves He reproves, Even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights." Proverbs 3:12

No comments: