Friday, December 17, 2010

Creative Friday! Hark, mother dear...


Photobucket
"And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying,
“Glory to God in the highest,
   
and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!"  Luke 2:13-14

Every year we make ornaments for our neighbors.  It started with just our immediate neighbors...but as we got to know people in our cul-de-sac we added houses...and now we give an ornament to everyone on the street...16 houses!  And it gives us a wonderful opportunity to share GOD'S TRUTH with them.
So, I bravely broke out the paint and glitter...well, first I put down the newspaper... and we painted pine cones from our street's trees...orange and pink in case you were curious...
And we made a host of angels...
"Gloooooooria, in excelsis Deo..."
We ran out of acorns...so used wooden balls for some of the heads.  Aren't they pretty. 
Here's the happy helping crew.  Smiles!  We've been singing "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" and I told them that HARK was a way to get people's attention...so now Emmer-bean has taken to saying, "HARK mother dear..." before she asks for anything...*sigh*  Calubby has joined in the fun too!  Everyone's a comic around here!


10 comments:

Barbara H. said...

I love that "Hark, Mother Dear"!

Anonymous said...

that's one of my favorite songs, although, when i was a kid i thought the song was "hark the HAROLDS and GILLS sing" so only people named harold and gill were allowed to sing, I was always confused that others didn't follow the rules. :-)

Susannah said...

Ornaments for 16 houses???? Whoa lady, that's wonderful. Those are the sweetest pine cone angels I've ever seen. Very cool craft for your kiddos. (Did you make it up?)

Have a blessed weekend, Bobbi.

Bobbi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bobbi said...

@ e-Mom: Well, I’d seen glitter pine cones (most kindergartners make them) but I made singing acorn/leaf ornaments earlier in the year...and got to thinking Christmas...and thought angels would be cute! My Mom and I made noodle angels many moons ago...for all the members of the church. She made hundreds of ornaments every year for years....These did turn out cute...probably should have made one for myself...at least it’s blogged for posterity.

Mrs. Miller said...

These are AWESOME! What a great idea and way to share the Good News! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Bobbi this is AMAZING. You make your neighbors feel special and get to share the real reason for the season. Your sweet kiddos look like they are having fun. And the finished product is beautiful. :)

Thanks for joining the FUN today!

Unknown said...

These are fabulous -- I'm stealing your idea to use next year!

nannykim/spindlecottage said...

cool idea and so very cute!

Anonymous said...

I was reading along and came across the pictures of the babes... I knew your daughter looked like you but it hit me she looks exactly like you in the photo.
Emily