Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Word FILLED Wednesday: Peace, Peace... Wonderful Peace...

I was given a few helpful reminders about peace.  Not just for this wacky busy time of year...but for all year....

Peace has to be appropriated...and true peace only comes from a steadfast focus on GOD HIMSELF!  To be steadfast is to be firm in purpose and faith; unwavering.

Especially during this time of year we can choose the right response.  As we have the reminder of the Savior's arrival as a baby...and His life's sinless journey to the cross for our sins...He gives us guidance...


"And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left."  Isaiah 30:10

The resulting peace will give us a calm commitment under stress.  Focusing our minds on the Lord makes Him the aim in life.

How do you think you're going to get peace and joy?  
What does your example say is your purpose and your aim in life??


My goal is God Himself, not joy, nor peace,
Nor even blessing, but Himself, my God,
'Tis His to lead me there--not mine, but His--
At any cost, dear Lord, by any road.

So faith bounds forward to its goal in God,
And love can trust her Lord to lead her there;
Upheld by Him, my soul is following hard
Till God hath full fulfilled my deepest prayer.

No matter if the way be sometimes dark,
No matter though the cost be oft-times great,
He knoweth how I best shall reach the mark,
The way that leads to Him must needs be strait.

One thing I know, I cannot say Him nay;
One thing I do, I press towards my Lord;
My God my glory here, from day to day,
And in the glory there my great Reward.



13 comments:

Dawn said...

AWESOME reminder and poem - thanks for sharing! Have a wonderfully blessed WFW!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Perfect verse for this time of year. I love the picture and the poem as well.

livinginbetween said...

Peace . . . it's so hard to come by unless we do as the poet says and make God our goal. I love that first stanza,
"My goal is God Himself, not joy, nor peace,
Nor even blessing, but Himself, my God,
'Tis His to lead me there--not mine, but His--
At any cost, dear Lord, by any road."

I'm going to be thinking about that line a great deal this week, I think. Thank you!

Bobbi said...

You’re most welcome. It’s a hymn...the title is a link to the melody...in case it’s easier to remember if you sing it...like me!

Michelle said...

I love hymns. They always great testimonies of who God is and how He works in each of us. I don't think we sing enough of them! Thanks for sharing this one. I hadn't heard it before.

Pia said...

beautiful reminder. peace, true peace can only come from Him. when we put our trust in Him, we will have peace in our hearts.

lori said...

As I prepare to pack and leave for 10 days....I SO needed this verse and reflection! AWESOMENESS!
Bobbi! Have a blessed Christmas and thank you for this peaceful reminder!
whew! I feel so much better after this little visit!

peace!
lori

Peggy said...

Blessings Bobbi... What a rich WFW with wonderful reflections on PEACE!
May our minds be steadfast to HIS Perfect Peace! I wonderful verse for as you say all year long! May His peace fill your CHRISTmas with JOY and many blessings! Thanks for your kind words and visit! Yes, He is our focus and may be keep CHRIST in the center of our CHRISTmas!

Peace and love,
Peggy

Susannah said...

He is worthy of our praise! Even when all is dismal around us, He is bright and beautiful. Glory!

(((Hugs)))

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK said...

Thank you for these encouragement Bible verses and thoughts for this cold and stormy Word-Filled Wednesday. A good reminder as we pray for safety for all around us. :)

Wanda said...

Amen. I'm pursuing His peace! Merry Christmas

Cathy said...

That is so pretty. I love that verse, and wrote a scripture song, Peace, on my music blog.

jhunnelle said...

love those verses, yes i am pursuing peace by pursuing the Prince of peace