Thursday, December 9, 2010

A FUNGUS AMONGUS...or something...

Well, I awoke with a stomach bug yesterday...and a VERY selfish attitude.  Being a MomE is SO unfair, blah, blah, blah....I still have to WORK....blah, blah, blah....Thankfully, my sinful attitude was brought to my attention...and although my symptoms didn't really improve...my attitude did.  PTL!
I broke out the crafts...and we painted a box of plain ornaments that I had hanging around. 
Empty egg crates are wonderful for holding painting and gluey things!
I'm a bit sad that the kids and I just made Loverbrain's b-day cake...(belated, he was traveling)...and now no one is eating it...for sure.  Yeah, today...DadE's sick, Emmer-bean is sick...and so it goes (doubtful Lubby will escape). 

But, if I might force the issue...isn't God good?  I got it first...so now I can take care of my family.  I think this happens alot...I either get sick first or last...and rather than take the right attitude I usually say grouchy things like, "No one cares for me...I never get a turn to be sick...blah, grumpity, grump!" 
But..."It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” Duet. 31:8

And, He provides...it's cold (see 10 degrees) so snuggling inside is a good thing...and those red books are a treasury of children's stories my parents let me borrow...wonderful!
I got a stupid easy idea (sick ideas are best)...and used up some old posterboard to make an "S" map...and then let the kids use sentence strips to make a race track...
They did this all themselves...Honestly, my stomach was so sore I just handed them pieces of tape and they stuck it together.  My favorite is the loop.  Lubby-man didn't make the pictures cuz he was moving so fast...ha!
So, LOTS of liquids...stay hydrated....
...and love the Sweet Boobahs...cuz, God is good and He plans things out...for the best.  I'm off to clean something, and plump pillows, etc.  I'm a bit sore...but much better than doing what made me sore in the first place....

1 comment:

Barbara H. said...

That cake looks good! Wish I could offer to help you with it...:-) Glad you're feeling better and hope everyone else is in short order.