Thursday, May 12, 2011

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

{pretty}
Marigolds...life's pretty little bug repellents.
{happy}
My jetlagged Loverbrains filled my raised garden bed with dirt...yeah!  I added tomatoes, peppers, swiss chard and scallion seeds, marigolds and zinnia seeds!  Yeah, I'm so happy!!
If at first you kill your herbs...try, try again!
{funny}
I found Archibald my spotted sock owl...and a wonderful aqua basket my Mom gave me....and it's funny...
...yes, it's funny how a little spotted sock owl named Archibald can make me so happy!
{real}
It thrills my heart that as she continues to learn to read..her "pretend" reader of choice is her little pink Bible!  I couldn't find her the other day...I knew she was floating about in her princess dress....and here she was tucked away having her "quiet time."  That's what's REAL...that's why I'm staying at home!  Thank you God for the reminder!

3 comments:

Erin said...

What a sweetheart! I have an emergent reader at my house and it's so nice to find him reading.

Good luck with your garden this year!

Mrs. Fordyce said...

I can see why Archibald makes you happy-he is adorable! I hope your herbs turn out well this time! It is so nice to have your own fresh herbs on hand!

Unknown said...

We are hoping to get our garden next week. We plan to do a salsa garden and a pizza garden, using marigolds as the "crust" around our "pizza"!