Friday, November 15, 2013

Friday For Real

For REAL?  The worst thing about my neck and back hurting...I'm struggling to read and write.  I can only do it for short spurts without needing a break.  This has been a REALity check for me.  It's one of those things I have taken for granted...but no more. 

I've worked on creative ways around this...but it's come down to limiting my time at these activities.  This has made me have to be more disciplined in what I spend time doing.  I make wiser choices...what will I read? (my Bible, my lesson, fiction??)...what will I write? (my prayers, my ideas, my friends??). 

What's most important? 
What if this was forever...which hopefully it won't be but what if? 
Would I give up on these disciplines of the faith I'm literally hurting to enjoy? 

No, let it not be so...I want to tell God I would muscle through (pun intended) to spend time with Him in prayer and His Word.  In this thankful focused month, I'm most thankful for what I don't have right now...and the opportunity it gives me to be thankful in the waiting, to persevere in faith and to give sympathy and comfort to those also hurting around me.

No comments: