Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Here's Hodgepodge

 
1. My sister is celebrating a birthday today. Happy Birthday little sis! What's one way you're like your siblings? If you don't have siblings how are you like your lifelong best friend or cousin?
 I'm almost 11 years older than my only sibling.  We both love people...especially older people.  We love to network.  Neither of us knows a stranger.  We both think we're only children...hahaha!  We both love my dog because she reminds us of our childhood dog, Spots.  We are both adventurous eaters...and will try pretty much anything and like it!  Guess we were raised right!  Hmmmm...Anything else come to mind Daver?

2. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think of yourself at age eighteen?
Stupid choices.  I didn't exactly make all brilliant choices as a college freshman.  

3. Sculptor-actor-painter-dancer...if you could excel in one of these arts, which would you choose and why?
Painter...it's the only thing I've actually tried and really enjoy.  If I had more time...
 
4. What's a scent that takes you back in time, and where does it take you?
 Jasmine...takes me back to Spain where I visited when I was 15.  It seemed to grow everywhere...especially around the palaces and hotels. 

5. November is for Peanut Butter Lovers (National Peanut Butter Lovers Month). Are you a lover or a hater? What's your favorite dish/recipe that calls for peanut butter?
 I love to eat it...but I hate it for trying to kill my baby boy.  My son is VERY allergic to peanuts.  I do love my Mom's peanut butter fingers though...yummy!  She makes them for quilt camp every year because it's the only time I visit without my kids.

6. What do people thank you personally for most often?
 My husband is a very good thank you-er...He thanks me for making dinner (He likes my cooking) and for doing the laundry.  He tries to teach my kids to do the same.  So far it's not catching on...hahaha!

7. What event this year are you most thankful for?
 I'm thankful for God's clear calling of our family from one place, to another.  He is faithful to lead when we follow Him in obedience.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Bittersweet has been coming up a lot for me lately.  Enjoying my children as they grow up more and more ...saying goodbye to friends moving overseas...knowing I'm in God's will but a bit lonely in the waiting...trusting He's my firm foundation when I wait for news that might shake my world.  I know this sounds cryptic...but that's the life of a blogger.  Just tell me you love me.  I'll be okay!

3 comments:

Barbara H. said...

Hmmm - #8 does sound a bit mysterious! Hope all is well.

I've often thought that though I love the young men my sons became, I do still miss the little guys they were. I guess that's one reason we long for grandchildren.

Anonymous said...

Stopping by from hodgepodge
http://airforcewife-cabral.blogspot.com/2013/11/wednesday-hodgepodge.html

Im enjoying my children as they grow up more but in my opinion sometimes they grow up too quickly. Saying goodbye to friends moving overseas is hard aswell...we just had to do that we are military. our friend moved to Korea from the States!

Joyce said...

I understand the feelings you describe. We're in a place of transition right now as well, mostly trying to figure out whats next. Trying to be patient : ) I so enjoy my grown up girls, but every now and then long for just 5 minutes of little.