Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Give Me Five!!
My dear bloggy friend Kayren over where Everything's Coming Up Daisies (just not always at her pace)...sent me five 'specially selected for me words. She was gifted five words from a non Ignorant Historian...and then passed on the idea herself.
Okay, so here's how this works: she got five words from someone, she blogged on each of the five words, offered to provide five words to anyone who wanted them, I took her up on the offer, I received my five words, and now I will blog about them. Get it?
You'll be able to tell they were thought up especially for me though. If you're not too scared by all of this craziness, I'll gift you five words specifically for you. Just ask.
1. Coffee- this would be how I open my eyes in the morning. It wasn't always this way...but with wheezy babes who wake in the night...or very very early in the morning...this is my life. I think I like the smell of it better than the taste...and often only drink half a cup before reheating it...again and again.
I make my poor sweet husband drink it with me...even though he doesn't really like it...cuz he needs the caffeine and it's more loving than taking a no doze. I joke that it was in our vows. My Dad, who did our ceremony, says he has a copy and he's sure it's not. Too bad, so sad...you still have to drink coffee with me in the morning. It's social!
2. Frugal- I'm picky about what this means. I participate in Frugal Friday blogging....and often re-define it for everyone. To me it means something characterized by or reflecting economy in the use of resources. (Merriam-Webster Dictionary). It's about a simpler, less complicated lifestyle, not about being cheap. While those who put a frugal lifestyle into practice do tend to be thrifty, there is a method to their madness. (families.com) Now that I've gotten that out of my system...and ya'll know what it means....I love love love finding ways to be frugal. It's fun...and rewarding!!
3. Teacher- I was professionally a teacher BC (Before Children)...teaching third grade and special education. I loved it...and miss it!! I realize that I am also my children's teacher. I found a really nifty quote the other day.."The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom." H.W.Beecher. This time of year is hard on me...I tend to buy school supplies and get sad when the school bus leaves without me. I'm a born learner...and I feel you can't be a good teacher...without a love of learning!
4. Faith- I love Michael Card's song "That's What Faith Must Be"....To hear with my heart, to see with my soul. To be guided by a hand I cannot hold. To trust in a way that I cannot see. That's what faith must be. I find my salvation by grace...through faith...not of myself...totally of Christ! He sustains and upholds me.
5. Kayren- has probably become one of my dearest bloggy friends. I'm insistent that she be my first bloggy friend...to know in REAL LIFE...hahaha! She is a real person, a real mom, a real wife...and that's saying alot in the blogosphere. She shares quite openly on her blog...and is very genuine...makes me smile. We have wacky...freaky things in common...like our love of Americana, snowmen and daisies. And we are organization lovers too!
Thanks Kayren for this fun High Five!!