Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday: Cool, Calm and collected...and Cquoteable...

One of my fast becoming favorite bloggers, Critty Joy...does a quoteable post now and then...I had to join the fun somehow...so I thought about my Memory Monday verse..and my love for alliteration...calm, cool, collected, and Cquoteable...hehehe!

Proverbs 17:27, "She who restrains her words has knowledge, And she who has a cool spirit is a woman of understanding."

Whoohoo...no mistakes!

Yes, I changed it to feminine form for myself...Here's the original! Proverbs 17:27, "He who restrains his words has knowledge, And he who has a cool spirit is a man of understanding."NASV

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Hi! I'm visiting from Memory Monday!!

No mistakes! Way to go!!!

crittyjoy said...

I love, love, love your quoteable :) Such a pretty background and beautiful words!

I am going to memorize that verse too. I really like how you personalized it. I need to restrain my words at times.

Lisa notes... said...

I like how you made this verse personal! It helped me to read it that way, too. Thanks!

Joanne (The Simple Wife) said...

You and Lisa both in Proverbs are picking amazing verses that I need! Love that!

Isn't it amazing how personalizing the verse makes it easier to learn and more applicable somehow? I started that with the girls when they were little: "She who loves God must love her sister." Or "How good and pleasant it is when sisters live together in harmony."

Because their first response? "I don't have a brother!"

Joanne