Thursday, March 31, 2011

Impracticality & Hilarity

Photo Source
I'm having two rather random thoughts, that I figured I'd post so they can stop floating around in my brain.  Gotta clear up space for other things, ya know. 

First, I painted my nails with my daughter and brother's girlfriend...an impractical hot pink...and as always...It drove me batty.  I know that there are women who keep their hands nicely manicured at.all.times.  I am not one of them.  It might have something to do with my short, square little hands.  It might have to do with my current activities.  In order to paint my nails I need them a little longer...and I find it impossible to type, play the piano, open packages, clean...do anything MomE related...argh!  I also tend to associate it with a certain level of high maintenance...or pampering.  That makes me feel guilty in a mild sort of way.  I use my hands to work hard...and I like them to look...practical.  I admire the graceful hands of others...but my hands do better pulling off the practical, useful look!  HA!

Second, I know it boggles the mind that there could be more...I just spent a considerable time driving...on a weekday...through construction.  I found myself repeatedly saying, "I wish I could give them a piece of my mind...*grumble, grumble*"  My smarty-pants Loverbrains said, "Wouldn't you miss it?"  Then, I got to thinking...where did that saying come from?  I mean, why would I share my superior brain with a bunch of idiots?  AND, I definitely need the brains I currently have...no sharing allowed.  HA!  I know...DEEP thoughts all around today!

Today will demonstrate Domestic Engineering at it's finest!  It's always a feat to get the house back in order after a trip.  One super, major help...my Mom let me do all my laundry there before I left...so I just have to unpack the suitcases into the drawers...and voila.  No mountain of laundry.  I'm SO blessed!

1 comment:

Barbara H. said...

I don't paint my nails, either. It would just require constant maintenance -- between dishes, laundry, etc., it would just chip off, and THAT would drive me batty.

I've wanted to make comments like that in response to someone saying they wanted to give someone a piece of their minds, LOL!