Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fall Egyptian Hodgepodge

 You can read more about my trip to Egpyt at my other blog...MomE & Loving It!
 
1. What do you do at the first sign of a cold? Will you get a flu shot this year?
Use the Neti pot...tea time for the nose.  It's AMAZING!!!  I did get my flu shot this year...and my arm was it's usual sore...but now I'm fine and ready for anything!!

2. What advice can you give about how to conquer fear?
When my children are afraid we sing a little song with words from Psalm 56:3, "When I am afraid, I will trust in you."  It really helps when we remember GOD is in control...sometimes I hear Emma singing it to herself at night.
Jer. 1:8, ""Do not be afraid of them, For I am with you to deliver you," declares the LORD."
3. Share two good things about your life right now.
*Positive reinforcement is a working option in shaping the behavior of my children.
*I have a church family that loves and cares for me when my Loverbrains travels (before and after).  They are my family away from family.
 
4. A hot fall fashion trend in 2011 is a return to sixties style...tunics with pants, shift dresses, pencil skirts, cinched waists, bold prints, high necklines and short lengths to name a few. How does this fashion trend fit with your wardrobe and personal sense of style?
I like the pencil skirts.  The tunics with pants remind me too much of maternity...'nough said.  I do have a few bohemian tops but not many. 

5. Were you involved in scouting as a kid? How about as an adult?
Nope.  I think I might have been a brownie once...for a short time.  Not sure though.  I eat them now...er, and thin mints!

6. Apple, pear, plum, pumpkin...your favorite fall flavor?
PUMPKIN!

7. What characteristics do you think are essential in a good teacher?
That they love learning and can teach their students to love learning too!

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm in one of those cleaning binds....ya know, where you've cleaned out one area...and now you have to clean out two others in order to make room for the stuff you cleaned out of the first area.  Yikes...will it ever end??

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Ahh...the cleaning dilemma is kind of like the decorating dilemma. One project leads to another...kind of discourages one from cleaning doesn't it? : )